Valentine's Day has come and gone, but our love never stops flowing. For February's Hedkandi Loves Local, we want to help out an organization in need this month (we love supporting great causes, we can't help it!). When you're feeling good about giving to a great cause, you should reward yourself - so afterwards we're going shopping for home decor at Steeling Home.
Canadian Blood Services
Canadian Blood Services (CBS) needs our help - February and March are extremely slow for blood donations and we're hoping to fill up some appointments and ensure that Calgarians who require life-saving blood are able to get it. The need for blood is constant, and every donation counts. As a thank you for your donation, we've worked in some incentives below.
Ways to Support Canadian Blood Services:
1. Make a blood donation or organize a group donation (we are too!),
- Once you do, take a photo at the station set-up in the CBS waiting area and post about it on social media - be sure to tag us @HedkandiSalon and use their hash tag #givelifeyyc. As a thank you, we'll give you $20 off your next service*.
- Once you donate, you can also enter to win a $150 Hedkandi prize package in their waiting area.
2. If you're unable to give blood, you could join the one match program.
Not sure if you are eligible to donate? Take the eligibility quiz.
Want more information on the One Match Program? Visit here.
The downtown clinic is located just a few blocks from our 8 Street location at 737 13 Ave SW, and the donation clinic is open at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday (evenings), 3 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Steeling Home is a general store full of unique, vintage, and one of a kind pieces. Their cozy atmosphere and hand-picked array of home decor, stationery, and lifestyle products makes for perfect shopping.
You can visit Steeling Home at 1010 17 Ave SW, sandwiched between Cibo and Caffe Beano.
Visit their website here.
Hedkandi loves you!